Biomass Study Tour
This two day event is on the 11th and 12th February. You are free to attend on either or both days.
At the event you will here from experts who will tell you about the practical implementation of biomass heating in greenhouses. You will also get the chance to visit three nurseries that have already installed biomass systems.
By the end of the event you will have all of the information you need to decide whether switching to biomass is an option for your business or not.
The programme for the event is;
Day one: Wednesday 11th February
Venue: Canons Brook Golf Club, Elizabeth Way, Harlow, Essex, CM19 5BE
- 3.00pm - Arrival and registration
- 3:30pm - Presentation topics:
- Welcome and introduction
- System types and economics
- About the Renewable Heat Incentive
- 4:45pm – 5:00pm - Break
- 5:00pm - Presentation topics:
- Horticultural system integration
- Practical and logistical considerations
- Open forum with speakers and installers – bring your questions
- 6:00 - Wrap up
Day two: Thursday 12th February
The programme comprises of visits to three greenhouse sites that have biomass heating installations.
- UK Salads, Phase 2, Roydon, Essex, CM19 5JP – This nursery grows a variety of salad vegetables including peppers, tomatoes and cucumbers. The biomass heating at the nursery has two 1MW wood chip boilers. the site was recently featured on BBC’s Countryfile.
- Guy and Wright, The Nurseries, Much Hadham, Hertfordshire, SG10 6JJ – Rob Jones of Guy and Wright nurseries also runs biomass boiler suppliers ARG Biomass. The nursery has installed a 1MW batch straw burning boiler that works in conjunction with their Anaerobic Digester.
- Love My Chillies, The Villa, Blunham, Bedfordshire, MK44 3NT – Here 5 x 200kW wood chip boilers each heating separate greenhouse zones have been installed.
You will need to make your own way to each nursery and we will give you detailed directions on the day. The sites are likely to be muddy so bring your wellies! Lunch will be provided so please let us know if you have any special dietary needs.
Places are limited and will be allocated on a first-come first-served basis.
Please complete the booking form below to reserve your place. Let us know if you want to come on Wed 11th, Thurs 12th or both days by putting "Wed only", "Thurs only" or "Both days" in the Fax number box of the booking form.
This event is free for HDC members. If you are not a member, there will be charge.