Biomass for edible crops
This event was aimed at edibles growers — especially those with high heat demand — who are interested in making use of biomass heating to reduce their energy costs.
The programme was put together to provide clarity about what a biomass heating system involves, and help growers to make more informed decisions and make best use of the Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI).
The training day programme:
Farm Energy Centre opened the training by introducing and explaining the important considerations in installing a biomass boiler to offset fossil fuel heat demand.
A discussion session then followed, which provided be an opportunity for attendees to ask questions about their circumstances and explore further the possibility of biomass heat.
- How does your heat demand fit with biomass heat production?
- Consideration of CO2 enrichment and integration with Combined Heat and Power (CHP)
- System types, ‘free’ boiler offers and the RHI
- Available fuels and fuel supply contracts
- Building your project and practical / logistical considerations